Werder Bremen loses in the catch-up game against Eintracht Frankfurt

The green-whites lose despite a stable performance against a clever SBU and are still deep in the relegation battle. The final decision is made in the final phase.

Bitter defeat for Werder Bremen. In the Bundesliga catch-up game against Eintracht Frankfurt there was a 0-3 (0-0) defeat for the green-whites. The team of coach Florian Kohfeldt missed the jump to the relegation place and is second to last with 25 points. Frankfurt, on the other hand, was able to stabilize with its success in the league midfield. André Silva (61.) and Stefan Ilsanker (81./90.) Met for the team of coach Adi Hütter.

Kohfeldt was combative after the game: “It was a setback, but not a knockout blow.” “We give the goals too easily,” said his captain Niklas Moisander at Sky: “But it’s not over yet. We have had a good situation in the three games before. Now we have to stay calm.” Joker Ilsanker joked after his first two Bundesliga goals: “With my danger of scoring in recent years, I was simply left alone. That is the ketchup bottle principle. Nothing comes at first and then everything at once.”

Actually, the game was supposed to take place before the Corona break on March 1, but was then moved with a lot of fuss after the Frankfurt second leg second leg in the Europa League at RB Salzburg had to be rescheduled due to a hurricane warning. The people of Bremen felt disadvantaged at the time due to the postponement. But a quarter of a year later Werder coach Kohfeldt should have been happy that the encounter did not take place at the time.

The game was stressful and hectic from the start

After all, the personnel situation of the North Germans looked much better on Wednesday than at that time. Kohfeldt could even afford to leave the match winner of the two victories in Freiburg and Schalke on the bench in Leonardo Bittencourt. Milot Rashica also initially stayed outside. For this, among other things, Fin Bartels was back in the starting eleven of the green-whites after 907 days.

In the third duel of both teams this season after the draw in the first leg and the Frankfurt victory in the quarter-finals of the DFB Cup, a game that was characterized by struggle and hectic was developed from the start. Lots of duels, lots of fouls, little game flow – it was pure relegation battle in the Weser Stadium in Bremen. Two chances for Werder through Davy Klaassen (15th) and Davie Selke (33th), one for the guests through Silva (11th) were the only highlights in a highly intense game.

Werder simply couldn’t find any means

The side line was also going up in phases. Kohfeldt and Adi Hütter as well as Eintracht sports director Bruno Hübner had a lot of fighting. The substitute players from both teams sitting in the stands kept coming loudly.

After the change of sides, both teams continued to fight fiercely. The Eintracht now acted a little clearer in their actions and gained a slight overweight. In the 59th minute a goal from Dominik Kohr was denied because of offside, but shortly afterwards the Hessians took the lead. After a cross from Filip Kostic, Silva headed the ball into the goal.

Kohfeldt reacted promptly and brought in two fresh attackers in Josh Sargent and Milot Rashica. But Werder found no means after the break, the substitute Bittencourt had the first Werder chance after the break in the 79th minute. Instead, Ilsanker made everything clear with his two goals.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *