After two nights in the hospital, doctors for US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that their patient with COVID-19 could return to the White House and continue treatment there on Monday, if his condition continued to improve. .
• Read also: Trump, tragic figure
• Read also: Trump’s Chief of Staff: Doctors have been “very concerned”
• Read also: Trump is ‘much better’, but the next few days are ‘the real test’
Turning around on his press briefing on Saturday, presidential doctor Sean Conley admitted during a press briefing at Walter Reed military hospital on Sunday that Donald Trump’s condition had deteriorated Friday at the White House, to the point of requiring supplementation with oxygen, for about an hour. The president also had a fever and cough, and he was eventually hospitalized on Friday evening.
“I was worried about the potentially rapid progression of the disease, I recommended the president supplementation with oxygen,” said Sean Conley, who says Donald Trump was not short of breath, however.
The doctor admitted that he had not revealed this incident the day before to project an “optimistic” image. Even as White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, at the same time, told reporters that the previous 24 hours had been very disturbing.
Sean Conley also announced that on Saturday morning, another episode of low oxygen saturation had occurred.
And on Saturday, too, doctors gave the president a third treatment, dexamethasone, a corticosteroid drug that is effective against severe forms of COVID-19, in addition to the antiviral remdesivir and the company’s experimental cocktail. Regeneron, administered from Friday.
The medical team said they were preparing for Mr. Trump’s return to the White House, where he could continue with injections of remdesivir, with intravenous treatment expected to last for five days.
“There are a lot of things that can be done in the White House,” said the president’s spokesperson, Alyssa Farah.
But Sean Conley declined to describe the state of Donald Trump’s lungs, with the question of the aftermath posed for such a heavy burden as the presidency of the United States. He only replied, “We made some expected observations, but nothing major from a clinical point of view.”
Donald Trump was on Sunday to paint the image of a president admittedly hospitalized, but at work – “firmly in charge,” according to Robert O’Brien, his national security adviser, on CBS.
The leader resumed calling and tweeting. Saturday evening and Sunday morning, several relatives and personalities have told of having had it on the phone: his son Eric, his campaign advisor Jason Miller, even the Fox News presenter Jeanine Pirro …
Several relatives have told of having had it on the phone: his son Eric, his advisor Jason Miller, even the presenter of Fox News Jeanine Pirro …
The septuagenarian himself wanted to reassure Americans by broadcasting photographs of him “at work” from the hospital, and a video on Twitter on Saturday evening: “I’m starting to be well,” he said: ” We don’t know for the period of the next few days, I guess that’s the real test ”.
As for the campaign, a poll taken after the presidential debate last Tuesday, but before his hospitalization and published on Sunday reports a considerable increase in voting intentions for Democratic candidate Joe Biden: 53% against 39%, according to this NBC survey /Wall Street Journal.
The controversy swelled at the same time on Sunday on the precautions, or the lack of precautions taken by the White House and the Trump family against the coronavirus, but also on the decision to let Vice President Mike Pence continue to campaign for the election of November 3, when he is the man who would take the interim in the event of Donald Trump’s incapacity.
The executive’s prevention policy was based entirely on testing, an error denounced by experts for months and which seems to have made the White House a hotbed of contamination.
“You can’t say on the one hand we have to act and on the other hand let the virus circulate freely. He ended up moving freely in the White House, ”regretted Nancy Pelosi, Democratic President of the House of Representatives, on CBS.
So on Saturday, September 26, dozens of elected officials and Republican figures flocked there for the appointment by Donald Trump of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, outdoors, but also indoors – an event that links many positive cases declared in recent days, including senators and presidential collaborators.
Team Biden does not explicitly claim revenge, but the president’s contamination confirms their decision to lead a limited campaign, with a strong virtual component, and to scrupulously respect barrier gestures.
“Our teams wear masks and practice physical distancing everywhere, on planes, in cars, indoors and outdoors,” Symone Sanders, Joe Biden’s advisor, told CNN on Sunday.
As for the second televised debate between the two men, scheduled for October 15, Mr.me Sanders assures him: “Joe Biden will be in the debate.”
And Joe Biden, so far negative in his tests, will campaign in Florida on Monday.