If André Villas-Boas leaves next June, his deputy, Ricardo Carvalho, clearly does not want to take over.
Having rejected all proposals to extend the Marseille board so far, André Villas-Boas could leave Olympique de Marseille at the end of his contract in June 2021. “ If I am offered? Of course I might want to stay, but I have plans for my career, said the Portuguese coach on Thursday to the media. We will see, but I thank the president for his words. I am very well in Marseille. “
“I don’t think I will become a number one coach”
Before opting for the recruitment of a new coach, the Phoceans could first offer the job to assistant coach Ricardo Carvalho. Asked about this in an interview with Provence, the former Real Madrid and AS Monaco defender said he feels very good in his role as assistant.
On the OM bench since summer 2019, Ricardo Carvalho seems satisfied with his prerogatives. ” Take over if Villas-Boas leaves at the end of the season? No, that’s for sure, announced the former Portuguese international defender. The desire to become a head coach? Honestly, I don’t think I’m going to be a number one coach. I want to do my assistant role already. For now, I’m not thinking about it anyway. “
A new courtier for Thauvin
OM is warned …
OM has a serious problem